All positions advertised below are full-time and based in Berlin.
Creative Pattern Maker
032c Readytowear is looking for an experienced pattern maker to join the Berlin based design team, working closely with the Creative Director, Designers and Developers across seasonal and runway collections. We are offering a central position within the team and searching for an independent and experienced profile who can manage multiple product groups, set up and maintain structure and keep a full overview.
Start date: February 2023.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Creating digital and manual patterns from hand drawings and / or drapes; working on pattern alterations and grading rules
- Responsible for pattern quality and accuracy from the first sketch handover to the last production fitting; being aware of the seasonal calendar and ensuring pattern deadlines are kept accordingly
- Suggesting creative pattern approaches to translate the design vision
- Interact closely with the in-house atelier regarding construction and finishings and overseeing the completion of high quality samples; manage sales samples alterations towards handover for the sales team and show
- Participate and coordinate internal garment fittings
- Communicate with the production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes; prepare clear pattern comments and instructions for the garment manufacturers
- Ambition to further build and strengthen our internal pattern and atelier team, setting up and improving internal development processes
- Reporting to Head of Design
- Minimum 4 years experience as a pattern maker, preferably in an international high-end fashion environment across different garment categories, experience in Tailoring and Menswear is a plus
- Good understanding of the creative process and a sensitivity for making patterns with experimental solutions
- Proficient in CAD pattern software (Gerber, Lectra) as well as manual pattern development
- Ability to work on the form, drape and sew
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
INTERESTED? Please submit your portfolio or examples of your work along with your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Creative Pattern Maker”.
Atelier & Pattern Internship
As an intern in the Atelier and Pattern department at 032c Readytowear you will work closely together with our ambitious and dedicated creative pattern makers and designers, assisting them in their day-to-day needs.
Candidates for this internship position must be be available for a minimum of 6 months, beginning September, 2023.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Assist the pattern and atelier team with the day-to-day needs, and participate in the development of the shapes and silhouettes of the collection
- Support with research, update collection boards and atelier overviews
- Communicate and work closely with the different departments as well as local ateliers
- Sourcing of local fabrics and trims in Berlin for in-house developments
- Assisting pattern makers during product fittings,work on alterations on patterns as well as first pattern developments
- Digitising patterns, tracing of vintage references
- Support with stitching toiles, test fabrics & interlinings, make stitch trials, prepare finishing mock ups, stitch final prototypes for fittings
- A student/graduate in pattern making or fashion design education
- Strong technical knowledge and interest in pattern making and garment finishings
- Excellent sewing skills on industrial machines
- Knowhow of specific finishing techniques and finishing’s for each product category
- Knowledge of digital pattern software is a merit
- Strong interest and motivation to create high end collections; a keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Solve problems with a high degree of autonomy
To be considered for this position, please send a CV, cover letter and a small portfolio with work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Atelier & Pattern Intern”.
Fashion Design Internship
032c Readytowear is looking for a Fashion Design Intern to join the team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the designers in creating new designs starting from initial research and development through to the final collection.
Candidates must be available for a minimum of 6 months, beginning August 2023.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting the design team with the day-to-day needs and participating in the development of the entire creative design process
- Supporting with research and picture databases, updating collection boards and style overviews
- Assisting the design team in fitting sessions, preparing presentations and setting up meetings
- Setting up and maintaining technical packages for development, i.e. technical sketches, detail drawings, and product descriptions
- Creating Photoshop mock-ups, i.e. color-ups
- Developing first graphic artworks as well as branding suggestions in Illustrator and Photoshop
- A student/graduate in fashion/textile design or graphic design
- Adobe suite skills are a must, with the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to a high standard
- Thorough knowledge of fashion history and archetypes
- Knowledge of garment construction and specific finishing techniques that can be translated in detailed technical sketches and illustrations
To be considered for this position, please send a CV, cover letter and a small portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Fashion Design Internship Application”.
Product Management Intern, Readytowear
032c seeks a product management intern to support our team for 6 months starting from September 1st 2023.
- Get an insight into and assist the Product Managers in the development and
production of the 032c Readytowear collections
- Support Product Managers in creation of technical files for sample and
- Assist in fittings with the Design & Pattern teams
- Support with the quality control of samples and production
- Close daily contact with manufacturers and material suppliers
- Collect and organize shipments of material to our manufacturers and suppliers
- Keep internal collection data systems up to date
- Completed or working towards a degree in fashion management or
- Proficient English skills, German language skills are a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team under tight deadlines and under
- Friendly and reliable with great communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
(Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
What we offer
- Insight into 032c cosmos - a lifestyle brand including a fashion label
- A pleasant work atmosphere in a team of motivated, dynamic & committed colleagues
- A chance to develop a varied range of skills
To be considered for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intern Production Management”.